Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Udaipur & Valentine's Day: Backtrack

First of all, a belated shout out to all my blog readers who are officially my valentines on Valentine's Day:  I missed being in a school with wee ones on this day.  We had a meeting of all the English Language Fellows in the area, and each of us had to give a presentation.  As luck would have it, mine was scheduled for Valentine's, so I brought candy (never a bad idea for a presentation) and this was my first slide:
First things first, after all.  They were surprised to remember it was a holiday.  My priorities are right anyway.

Second:  Udaipur:  The acclaimed Rajasthani city of Romance.  When I got my camera back from the shop, I remembered I had pictures from our recent trip there a couple of weeks ago, so here is the link to some pictures that will explain how Udaipur got its name.  There is a huge lake around which many old havelis are built, and our hotel was one such restored haveli.  It was a beautiful city day and night, the food was great, and the sights were unending.  For all you who are having nasty winter weather, here is a chance to see how the sun is shining in my part of the world.  Sorry about that.  It also gets unbearably hot in a couple of months, so check back to see how that's going.  http://flic.kr/s/aHsjE4gbqr

No comments:

Post a Comment