Monday, November 12, 2012

Divali, Day 3

Divali Mubarik, everyone!  Not sure that's how you spell HAPPY, but that's how I remember it.  Last night S. and I ventured to the Old City to see the lights again in all their glory.  We weren't disappointed, as several large gateways were completed that we didn't see on Saturday, plus one jewelry store even had fresh flower garlands around its facade.  See if you can see which one it is on this photo batch:
http://flic.kr/s/aHsjCPh7Dm
Mr and Mrs. P. Cock having a dust bath
They say that hard work is its own reward, but I don't understand that.  I do know that yesterday while I was toiling away writing curriculum at our home, S called a peacock alert.  What transpired next felt like something straight out of one of our Planet Earth videos.  First one, then 3, then about 10 peacocks filled the backyard, scratching and bathing in the dirt around the perimeter of the wall.  There were babies and females, and one gorgeous male, which I kept waiting to open his feathers, but no luck.  However, my new camera zoomed in on what plumage he was showing off, and it's rather stunning.  That was my reward (or diversion) for putting in a full day's work on a holiday.
Tonight is the dinner party and we have some fancy Indian clothes to rock, so stay tuned for another Diwali special edition!

No comments:

Post a Comment