Sunday, October 21, 2012

Pilani to Delhi to Jaipur


Proud Green Grocer

Excellent Birthday Treat from Delhi Oberoi

INDIA Gate

Our Digs

Windows Galore

Silk & Cotton Exhibition Booths

Veda Meal, Flash Fried Okra in Center
I’ve been out of town twice and back to Jaipur to do 2 presentations, so I’m behind on blogging.  Here’s what you missed.  I was in the north of Rajasthan at a conference to deliver a presentation.  It was a long drive each way.  The next day we went to Delhi for meetings and then my birthday, and had a great meal at Veda, with a highlight of flash-fried okra (see picture, please). 





















The festival season has begun here in Jaipur, and as a result, several Silk & Cotton “Expositions” (tent sales or auditorium sales) are underway.  I have made it my duty to become culturally informed on the textile scene, and my tailor is currently transforming the fruits of my labor.  Steve started his new job venture and his boss and wife asked us to dinner the first night to a swank hotel that was a converted palace; also the food was pretty good.




 Finally, we have given up trying to get anything else for our household and are calling the game.  If I see a pepper mill float in front of me, I’ll grab it; otherwise, the hunt is officially off.  Watch for another Saturday walk in Jaipur blog coming soon.

1 comment:

  1. Love that tablecloth/bedspread, what color! Your home looks lovely... you have made it so comfortable...looks fresh, sunny and clean. Rugs look beautiful and I am sure feel lovely underfoot. I, too, am hunting for a pepper mill... dropped my old one into the soup and there wasn't that much pepper left anyway but really gummed up the works. The walk looked fun. The sweets look too pretty to eat... well, you get my meaning.... tell me more about the bread,... always fresh,, how do they warm it? etc.

    ReplyDelete